Malami alledglly pull out of governorship race after shared Custom seized cars to Kebbi delegates | NN NEWS  

Spread the love

Abubakar Malami, Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, has reportedly pulled out of the Kebbi governorship race.

Malami was accused of distributing 200 Mercedes and Toyota SUVs, seized custom cars to Kebbi delegates to support his governorship race, a source had told NN News.

The politician, who sought anonymity because of his closeness to Mr Malami’s campaign, said more vehicles were expected from Lagos to be distributed to politicians across the state before and after the primaries.

The AGF actively pursuing his political ambition alongside his ministerial appointment has stirred controversy and raised questions about his eligibility to run.

But Malami said that the cars were distributed by Khadi Malami and Khadimiyya for Justice and Development Initiative, non-governmental organizations he had been “associated with” over the years.

Meanwhile, Nigerians had demanded for an investigation, and warned APC led administration that ignoring such allegation may spell doom for the party in 2023 general elections.

But, on Friday night, it was gathered that the minster, who was among those President Muhammadu Buhari bade farewell at Aso Rock earlier in the day, had opted out of the race, according Daily Trust.

Sources close to the minister told Daily Trust that Malami had withdrawn from the race.

When contacted, Umar Gwandu, his media aide, simply said, “I have not been officially briefed.”

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group

Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.