The Biafra De Facto Customary Government, (BDFCG) has thanked the people of Biafrans for commemorating with the Biafran fallen heroes, who died during the Biafra-Nigeria civil war in 1967 and the war ended in 1970.
Recall that the people of Biafra had honored its fallen heroes and heroines, on the 30th May, 2021, known as “Biafra Day”. However, Biafran Independent was declared by the late peoples general Chukwu Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu on May 30th 1967, to break away from Nigeria, following the massacre of the people of the old eastern region in the north.
In a press statement signed by the Head of Information and Communication of Biafra De Facto Customary Government, Uche Mefor, and title “BIAFRA DAY FREEDOM MESSAGE FROM BIAFRA TO HUMANITY”;
READ STATEMENT IN FULL
31st May 2021
THANK YOU: BIAFRA DAY FREEDOM MESSAGE FROM BIAFRA TO HUMANITY
1. Sunday, 30 May 2021, was a day we honoured our heroes and heroines. The Biafra De Facto Customary Government led by her Chairmen, Alhaji Dokubo-Asari, appreciates and salutes all Biafrans, friends of Biafra and her sympathisers all over the world—–who en mass dedicated themselves to the solemn commemoration of and prayers in the honour of our brave men and women that have sacrificed all in the name of Biafra and the Biafran people.
2. However, it is sad to note that the battle to keep Biafra and Biafran people safe has changed. Our streets have become more dangerous and unpredictable and those who seek to cause harm and destruction take the opportunity all too often.
3. Today, Biafra De Facto Customary Government (BDFCG) continues to urge all of you to dedicate yourselves to the ultimate restoration of Biafra. Please remain peaceful in the face of adversity, and danger around us.
4. We reiterate and reassert that having been awakened by the crisis and defined by the cause to restore Biafra and human dignity, no one can take away the Biafra and Biafran in you. We are all Biafrans, and together we shall restore the Republic of Biafra against all threat to lives, peace or tranquillity, all fears, excuses, limitations, and those that try to hold us back.
5. We must continue to do everything humanly possible to overpower the desire to kill and destroy our land. We shall restore Biafra with the most demanding mission, through consultation with those willing to work with Biafra to restore Biafra not for glory but for honour.
6. BDFCG is working diligently for her consolidation to usher in our second republic and with the immediate and long-term policies which shall be indispensable base for peaceful settlement and negotiation. We have embarked on consultation of Biafran Provinces, we strongly hold on security of lives and properties; and finally arranging and preparing for international engagements.
7. Pro Biafra Groups continue to render unconditional support to BDFCG not because of anything other than that it is the basic requisite for the freedom victory of Biafrans and we appreciate it greatly.
8. As we march together with fortitude, moral, and physical resilience to restore liberty to all; as we collaborate, cooperate and coordinate for hope, justice, and freedom for all, Biafra remains our Heritage and our all, upon the Rock that is Biafra, we shall continue to pay our homage and eternally renew our allegiance.
Uche Okafor Mefor
Head of Information and Communication
Biafra De Facto Customary Government